[Orgmode] Workshop invitation to Berlin this weekend

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: [Orgmode] Workshop invitation to Berlin this weekend
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:40:57 +0200

Hi everyone,

September 5th 2PM I will conduct a workshop on Org-mode in Berlin.
The title is

  Working and publishing with GNU Emacs and Org-mode

We will start setting up org-mode and have run through all the basics
like tasks, time tracking, remember, tables and so on, to adjust the
levels of all participants.

We will go on and use Org-mode as the glue for projects, which involves
time tracking as well as bug tracking and code management, radio tables,
use the agenda and more.

We will then go ahead and show how Org-mode can be used for
authoring. The emphasis will be on publishing to XHTML and LaTeX/PDF.

Note, that we have open end, so we might discuss more topics if we feel
like it. E.g. check out some contributions in the contrib/lisp/
directory.

The workshop will take place in Linienstrasse 54 in the centre of
Berlin. Map:

http://maps.google.de/maps?q=map+Linienstraße+54+Berlin&fb=1&split=1&gl=de&cid=0,0,9608563565675805904&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

Arrival

  Line U2, station Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz:

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/Bvg/Detail/folder/553/id/1982/nb/1/name/U-Bahnlinie+U2

  Line U8, station Rosenthaler Platz:

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/Bvg/Detail/folder/559/id/2000/nb/1/name/U-Bahnlinie+U8

  You can download a map of underground network as PDF here:

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/Common/Document/field/file/id/2597/filename/S%2BU-Bahn_3108_2009.PDF

Cost: €5 per participant (this includes food)

Please email address@hidden to reserve a place (strictly limited)

Prerequisites on any operating system:

    * emacs 22/23
    * Latest Git-version of org
    * TexLive installation
    * gnuplot (optional)
    * ditaa.jar (nowadays comes with the git version of Org-mode)

Best wishes

  Sebastian