Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.30; Links in categories break layout

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.30; Links in categories break layout
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 09:19:32 +0200

On Sep 3, 2009, at 6:23 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:56 +0200, "Carsten Dominik"
<address@hidden> wrote:

On Sep 3, 2009, at 3:29 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 14:12 +0200, "Carsten Dominik"
<address@hidden> wrote:

On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:
You said that links aren't supported in categories, but for a feature that isn't supported, they work very well! In what sense are they not
supported?

They are not supported in the sense that I never have tried to make
them work as links.  It is pure "accident" that they are activated
as links, because there is a function running through to activate
links that are in headlines, and by accident the regexp search
matches in the prefix as well.

They are not supported in the way that I guarantee them to continue to
work in future versions.

Unless this thread convinces me otherwise, of course.  I can now
see that they can be useful as a connection to an anchestor of the
entry....

Well, I would be in favour of that - as you may have guessed!
It's very convenient to have the link always be there without
having to put it into every entry.

OK then. [1]

The prefix is now formatted properly, and C-c C-o gives
also access to this link.

- Carsten

[1] I watched Raising Arizona yesterday night.....

Peter.

P.S. Apologies if you get two copies of this - X crashed while I was
sending it.