Re: [Orgmode] Re: Some table questions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Some table questions
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:16:49 +0200

On Sep 4, 2009, at 12:46 PM, andrea crotti wrote:

No, this is not possible currently.

Well but I can set up formulas for an entire column like for example:

| 1 | 1 |
| 2 | 4 |
#+TBLFM: $2=$1^2

If I could hide one column with another setting than I would be able to
apply the formula on a hidden field..

I'm not sure it's so easy to do though, but it could open other
possibilities, no?

On way to hide a column is this:

#+STARTUP: align

| 1 | 1   |
| 2 | 4   |
#+TBLFM: $2=$1^2

Another way would be to use font-lock to display something
over the content.  But I don't think this is an option we should have.
You can encrypt entire sections using org-crypt.el

- Carsten