Re: [Orgmode] Org-remember and org-back-to-heading

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-remember and org-back-to-heading
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:19:34 +0200

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten

On Sep 3, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

Hi everyone,

When I call org-remember or org-store-link above the first headline in
an org buffer, I receive the following error message:

   Before first headline at position 1 in buffer index.org

It seems that either org-remember or org-store-link (or both) calls
org-back-to-heading in order to grab the relevant heading for
annotation. As a result, if I try to store a link above the first
heading, emacs spits out the error message above because there is no
heading to return to.

Is this the intended behavior? Sometimes I prefer to create a link to
the file as a whole rather than to a particular headline. E.g., I might
want to create a todo to organize notes.org, which is not an agenda
file. In this instance, it does not matter whether org-remember creates
a link to a particular headline. In fact, I would prefer a link to the
file as a whole and thus expect to be able to store a link while on the
first empty line of the file or on #+TITLE.

Thanks,
Matt