[Orgmode] Re: schedule tasks

From: PT
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: schedule tasks
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 06:40:59 +0000 (UTC)

William Xu <william.xwl <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to do this:
>
>   1. schedule a TODO on THIS_DAY
>   2. before THIS_DAY, don't show it in global todo list.  So I have:
>
>       (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>
>   3. on(and after when not done) THIS_DAY, show it in global todo list

I use a similar setup. As I understand if you want items to
appear on the date they are due you have to use the daily agenda.

So I use a custom agenda which shows the agenda items and the
todo list together:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("h" "My Agenda & TODO"
         ((agenda "")
          (alltodo "home")))))

The agenda part is empty if there are no due items today and the
regular todo items are under it.

Invoke the agenda with M-1 prefix to show items only for today.
It can be assigned to a keyboard macro, of course.