[Orgmode] GTD and adding next actions under projects with remember

From: Desmond Rivet
Subject: [Orgmode] GTD and adding next actions under projects with remember
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:59:57 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using org-mode to implement GTD (or, at least, making a valiant
effort :) I'm currently doing the following:

 * projects are TODO items under a "Project" heading with a) a project
   tag and b) a CATEGORY property summarizing the project with a short
   label.

 * "waiting" items are TODO items with a waiting tag under a "Waiting"
   heading.

 * next actions are TODO items without a project or waiting tag.

 * contexts are tags attached to the next action and start with "@"

 * if a next action is under a project heading, then it belongs to that
   project.  I have a special heading called, for lack of a better name,
   "Misc" under which I put all my next actions which are not associated
   with any project.

This all seems to work ok so far, except for one thing: I can't figure
out how to add next actions under a particular project heading using
remember.

The problem is that I have to specify a heading for the template in
org-remember-templates in the .emacs file.  This is okay when I want to
jot down a new project, waiting item or *generic* next action, because
all these items have fixed headings, but I don't know how to make this
work when I don't know the heading ahead of time (remember that next
actions associated with projects live under the project heading).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Desmond Rivet

Pain is weakness leaving the body.