[Orgmode] Re: RSI

From: Michael Brand
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: RSI
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:03:43 +0200

First of all I am interested in improving the use of the modifier keys. To see
what my preferences for moving them are read my (cisum) post here
http://forum.colemak.com/viewtopic.php?pid=2552#p2552
and follow both links there.

- Michael

Samuel Wales wrote:
Orgers,

Repetitive strain injury is real and important.

One thing that you can do is to ensure that you have a keyboard that
has modifier keys on both sides.  You should pound a new habit into
your cerebellum: use two hands.

For example, c-c c-o should look like this:

r hand presses ctrl
l hand presses c
let go
l hand presses ctrl
r hand presses o
let go

This is obviously inefficient, but it is the correct thing.

Ideally, the most important c-c and c-x operations would be on the
lhs.  That way, you can hold down ctrl and press the two keys.

Many (maybe even most) will find this idea strange.  But I urge all of
you to try it for a few months.