Re: [Orgmode] [Announcement] Org-babel initial release

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Announcement] Org-babel initial release
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:07:52 -0600

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

> Was having a similar idea, as I language I'd love to use with this is
> my current fave clojure:
>
> http://clojure.org/

Everyone I talk to seems to love clojure, I need to find an excuse to
use it myself.

> It's a language based on the JVM and consequently being able to pass
> in command line options to the interpreter is important...  I'd
> imagine most of the time the source blocks within a single file would
> share the vast majority of environment settings too (for example
> setting the JVM's class path) so being able to specify these values to
> pass to the interpreter, once at the top of the file would be really
> nice.

This should be easily implemented using a new header argument (languages
are free to define new header arguments as they see fit).  For an
example of a language passing command line options through header
arguments, see the org-babel-ditaa.el file which defines a :cmdline
header argument allowing arguments to be passed to the ditaa command as
in the example below where the -r and -S options are passed to the ditaa
command.

#+begin_src ditaa :file blue.png :cmdline -r -S
| cBLU    |
|    +----+
|    |cPNK|
#+end_src