[Orgmode] suggestion: simplify step by step heading level diving

From: Michael Brand
Subject: [Orgmode] suggestion: simplify step by step heading level diving
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 00:07:53 +0200

Hi all,

I would like much more to increase the heading visibility depth step by step
like with the following if it would be much easier to type

step 1 to see level  1:    C-u 1 S-Tab
step 2 to see levels 1..2: C-u 2 S-Tab
step 3 to see levels 1..3: C-u 3 S-Tab
step 4 to see levels 1..4: C-u 4 S-Tab
and so on until not repeated any more (no cycling, only as a sequence)

Did I miss some simpler work flow to do something similar (not cycling with Tab
or S-Tab)?

Are there others who would like this diving sequence to be easily stepped
through?

Which constantly repeatable key command as convenient as possible like cycling
with Tab or S-Tab would be suitable?

I would suggest that any key command different to this new key command would
stop stepping and that the first invoke of this new key command again would
reset the visibility to overview again like `C-u 1 S-Tab' does (similar to the
nice cycle reset behavior of a first `S-Tab').

The point on e. g. a level 3 heading would be nice to be there again after
going through steps 1 to 3 (similar to the nice behavior of e. g. `S-Tab S-Tab
S-Tab' when the point was in a body before).

- Michael