[Orgmode] Build issue with latest git version - org-crypt.el

From: Mark Elston
Subject: [Orgmode] Build issue with latest git version - org-crypt.el
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:46:49 -0700

Not so much a problem as an unexpected issue.

I read Eric's message about updating org-asymptote.el today
and thought I would get the latest to get this fix.  When I
went through the process of building I found it failed at the
org-crypt file since I didn't have epg.el on my system.

I found a copy of this file and thought I would try it and
see if that fixed the problem.  Alas, no.  It is part of a
bigger package - epa.

So I found this and tried to build/install it.  Oops. it
requires gpg to be installed to build it.

Fortunately, this is distributed with pre-compiled binaries
for Windows so installing it and modifying makefiles was
pretty simple to build epa.  I got that installed and
modified the makefile for org-mode so it can be found and
I am back up and running.

I also managed to do the same thing by deleting the org-crypt.el
line from the LISPF entry in the makefile.  Either would work for
me since I don't expect to use org-crypt regularly.  I went
through the above steps because I thought I might actually try
to play around with it for a while and see if it was of any
use to me.

However, for those who won't be using org-crypt as a normal
part of their daily operation it is probably simpler to make
the build/installation of org-crypt optional.  That way the
normal maintenance for those who do "simple" things stays,
uh, simple.

Mark