[Orgmode] Re: Documentation wishlist items

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Documentation wishlist items
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:46:27 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Ethan,
>
> Ethan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Another good example is TODO keywords, categories, and tags. It isn't clear
>> what they all are, or why they are distinct, or what the differences are, and
>> it's easy to confuse them with similarly-named but completely distinct
>> concepts
>> like properties.
>
> The manual might enjoy a glossary.  ;)
>
> I have created org-glossary.org on Worg, please check it out and add
> your own definitions: http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git

O.K. So I went a little crazy and added a bunch of definitions to the
glossary.

  - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-glossary.php

Perhaps it's not so much a glossary any more as an shorter introduction
to the basic concepts of org-mode.

My apologies if I ended up repeating details from the manual, but my
goal was to provide the following:

   1) a brief definition of each term/concept.

   2) a more detailed explanation of what it is and/or how it works.

   3) possible uses (e.g., Why might one want to use categories?)

I made a small dent in the list of terms. Please feel free to take up
any of the remaining entries.

Best,
Matt