[Orgmode] Re: Hoisting (so to speak)

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Hoisting (so to speak)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:49:13 -0400

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> timetrap <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> One of my favorite features in the vim out liner was the ability to
>> "hoist" a sparse tree into a new temporary buffer.
>
>> Is there a way to do this in org-mode?
>
> Of course there is. This is emacs. ;)

O.K. I just realized I missed the "sparse tree" in your question. I
assume you mean by this org-mode definition of "sparse trees" (i.e.,
trees with visibility limited to certain TODO, tags, or regexp matches)?
I don't recall anything like org-mode sparse trees in the vim outliner,
but it may have changed since I last used it.

You can export only the visible portions of an org-mode outline by
typing "C-c C-e v [SPACE]", but this will create a new, independent
org-mode buffer. Any changes you make in this buffer will not affect the
original file.

- Matt