[Orgmode] Re: Eliminate DONE state?

From: PT
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Eliminate DONE state?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:51:50 +0000 (UTC)

Matt Lundin <mdl <at> imapmail.org> writes:

> Not that I am aware of. Lots of functionality in org depends on inactive
> TODOs. For instance, if you don't have a DONE state, then scheduled
> items will remain on your agenda forever, even if they aren't marked as
> a TODO.

Okay, it's not a big deal. I always delete DONE items anyway, so they don't
clutter the todo list. It's only inconvenient when I switch an item to TODO
state accidentally and I have to switch to DONE first and then nothing to
undo it. Which reminds me: I could use undo to undo it. Hmmm. :D

> Why not just switch back and forth between TODO and nothing by S-Right
> and S-Left?

I use PC selection mode so these keys are already taken and the replacement
keys org provides are not as convenient.

But I can live with it, it's a minor inconvenience. And one day I may even
discover the point of keeping DONE items in the tree and then it will be
a non-issue. :)