[Orgmode] org-examples.git?

From: Dave Täht
Subject: [Orgmode] org-examples.git?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:19:37 -0600

My eyes glazed over at the documentation thread. Maybe this suggestion
already went by. I can't keep up, sorry.

There are a lot of wonderful tutorials out there, and some great
documentation, but often it requires a fairly high level of
understanding of emacs to solve what's missing or what goes wrong and a
bit of cutting and pasting.

I'm kind of more interested in actual, working examples, that require as
little setup and thought as possible, all collected in one place (like,
org-examples.git or as part of the org-mode git tree), that anyone could
try, use, or edit as a base...

They would range in complexity from the basics to whole-user setups of
org.

It would have some sort of directory structure like this, maybe:

org-examples/invoices-weekly/lisp org-examples/invoices-weekly/org
org-examples/users/dtaht/lisp/org-config.el ;; etc

Now, that would be a good start. What would help more (and I worry if
this is even feasible) would be something like

(org-example foo)
;; which would load the given example and the requisite lisp code for it
;; without messing up the rest of your org configuration.

--
Dave Taht
http://the-edge.blogspot.com