[Orgmode] Re: Autoloading failed to define function org-mode

From: Tamas K Papp
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Autoloading failed to define function org-mode
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:43:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:04:41 +0100, Ian Barton wrote:

> Tamas K Papp wrote:
>> Hi, I have just switched to Ubuntu from Debian (fresh install on a new
>> machine).  After I installed the relevant packages (emacs-snapshot,
>> org-mode) and tried to edit my todo file, I got the error message
>>
>> Autoloading failed to define function org-mode
>
> I would suggest using the git version of org. I know this doesn't
> address the problem directly, but it's a good workaround:)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It turned out that the error was that I
had a file called org.el (that contains my settings) that somehow ended
up in the load-path during the migration, so it was mistakenly loaded
in place of org-mode's org.el.  An embarrassingly stupid error on my
part.

But at least now I have the git version :-)

Thanks for the help,

Tamas