[Orgmode] memory management in orgmode (supermemo)

From: Pere Quintana Seguí
Subject: [Orgmode] memory management in orgmode (supermemo)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:35:43 +0200

Hello,

I'm a *very* happy org-mode user since a year ago. In fact, it became a
sort of dual brain for me. Thanks for producing such a great piece of
software.

Today I read a Wired article about SuperMemo:
http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/magazine/16-05/ff_wozniak?currentPage=1

SuperMemo is a flashcard program that calculates the best time to show
you a piece of information in order to optimise its retention.
Apparently, the methodology is very useful to load lots of information
into the brain.

I think that memory is very important, because when the information is
within the brain, it is much easier to make connections and see the
whole picture.

While reading the article, I thought that the supermemo algorithm should
be implemented within org-mode. After all, all my information is in .org
files. My *Org-Agenda* could show me, everyday, the items I should to
check again in order to retain them in my brain.

In fact, watching SuperMemo's screenshots, I saw that this program has
many features that are similar to org-mode. For example, look at this:
http://www.supermemo.com/help/images/thumb/9/9b/Contents_window.jpg/528px-Contents_window.jpg

I'm not a programmer at all, therefore I cannot implement this myself.
Do you know if somebody already started such a project? Are there any
plans to do so?

Thanks,

Pere Quintana

--