[Orgmode] Re: =code= and ~verbatim~ with bashslash (\), LaTeX export

From: Jeff Kowalczyk
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: =code= and ~verbatim~ with bashslash (\), LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:17:26 +0000 (UTC)

Bernt Hansen <bernt <at> norang.ca> writes:

> Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Is there a way to escape backslashes (\) in code and verbatim that will
export to LaTeX correctly?

> > When writing =\\host\share= or =C:\path\to=, pdftolatex output is incorrect.
> >
> > The various methods described in [1] don't work for me in Org.
>
> #+begin_example
>  ~ and \ in latex
>  \host
>
>  \\host\share and c:\path\to\something
>
> #+end_example
>
> -Bernt

Thanks, Bernt. The begin_example method and ": " have been working well with
backslashes for me.

The =code= and ~verbatim~ markup would allow the author to spell paths and other
backslash items in the normal flow of text.

A feature request then: =code= and ~verbatim~ would escape characters with the
same environment/rules as the other literal example methods (presuming this is
possible for LaTex, of course)

Thanks,
Jeff