Re: [Orgmode] fontification and icon issues

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] fontification and icon issues
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:46:24 +0100

On Sep 22, 2009, at 4:11 PM, David O'Toole wrote:

A couple of issues:

1. org-fontify-whole-heading-line and org-startup-indented seem to
conflict with one another. See screenshot:

http://dto.github.com/images/folio.png

The headline background color extends to the next line. The problem goes
away when you set org-startup-indented to nil and M-x org-mode.

This is a display bug in Emacs, which cannot be solved by Org-mode.

BTW org-startup-indented is cool.

Thanks.

2. using add-text-properties to specify a display property (or even just a face) for any part of an org headline text kills the fontification of
the rest of the text (TODO keyword and leading stars unaffected.) I'm
trying to use font-lock-add-keywords to display the images.

Can you make an example file, and maybe a small function that does set these properties, so that I can see what you mean?

- Carsten

Maybe I should use overlays instead?

This can be done, but if every line in a very large file gets
an overlay, performance is severely degraded.

- Carsten