Re: [Orgmode] bug?: C-e passes ellipses if no tags are present

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug?: C-e passes ellipses if no tags are present
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:26:15 -0300

At Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:08:31 +1000,
Alan E. Davis wrote:

> This may not be a bug, but it bugs me alot.  When using remember to store a
> note, C-e passes the ellipses.  I am using an alternate font for the
> ellipses.  I live in utter terror of deleting ellipses, so I am keenly aware
> anymore when something is out of the ordinary.
>
> It doesn't feel right to me to pass the ellipses.  When a tag is added, C-e
> goes to the end of the headline, and I am able to proceed normally.
>
> The ideal outcome for me, would be if C-e always moved before the ellipses.
> Is this contrary to expectations?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alan Davis

In addition to this, is is possible to map the Home and End keys to the same
functions of C-a and C-e, respectively?  I prefer the Home and End keys instead
of C-a and C-e and, although this can be easily accomplished with some lines in
the dotemacs file, it's good to have it as a default, IMHO.

However, I'm not sure if this is against an "emacs convention", since in the
Wanderlust E-Mail reader only C-a and C-e are remapped to modified functions as
with org-mode right now. Maybe they are really supposed to be different.
--
Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
address@hidden