Re: [Orgmode] bug?: C-e passes ellipses if no tags are present

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug?: C-e passes ellipses if no tags are present
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:05:22 +0100

On Sep 24, 2009, at 11:26 PM, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira wrote:

At Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:08:31 +1000,
Alan E. Davis wrote:

This may not be a bug, but it bugs me alot. When using remember to store a
note, C-e passes the ellipses.  I am using an alternate font for the
ellipses. I live in utter terror of deleting ellipses, so I am keenly aware
anymore when something is out of the ordinary.

It doesn't feel right to me to pass the ellipses. When a tag is added, C-e
goes to the end of the headline, and I am able to proceed normally.

The ideal outcome for me, would be if C-e always moved before the ellipses.
Is this contrary to expectations?

Thank you,

Alan Davis

In addition to this, is is possible to map the Home and End keys to the same functions of C-a and C-e, respectively? I prefer the Home and End keys instead of C-a and C-e and, although this can be easily accomplished with some lines in
the dotemacs file, it's good to have it as a default, IMHO.

I d think this makes sense, in particular because the default setting is
org-special-ctrl-a/e set to nil.

I fixed this.

- Carsten