[Orgmode] Re: icalendar export incomplete

From: Richard Lewis
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: icalendar export incomplete
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:14:19 +0100

At Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:43:05 +0100,
Richard Lewis wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've been trying to get org-mode to export all my TODOs and diary file
> entries to a single iCalendar file (which I then intend to import to
> my phone).
>
> However, when I run the command
> org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files it only exports a selection
> of TODOs and events to the output file. They come from the various
> .org files, but do not include all the TODOs and events from those
> files. They seem to the ones wit the earliest time stamps.
>
> I also notice that it's only added ID PROPERTIES to headlines marked
> as DONE (or any of the DONE-like SEQ_TODO options I have).
>
> (I have the following SEQ_TODO setup:
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) | DONE(d) CANCELLED(c)
> DEFERRED(f)
> )
>
> Though many of the DONE (etc.) headlines which have been assigned IDs
> do not appear in the icalendar export.
>
> Also, it seems to export the TODO items as VEVENTs rather than VTODOs.
>
> I also tried org-export-icalendar-all-agenda-files and each individual
> file contained exaclt the same selection of TODOs and events that
> appeared in the combined file.
>
> Any ideas how to get all my TODOs and events into an ics file?

I should also add that I'm using org-mode from the git repository
fetched yesterday.

I've also checked that it's always exactly the same selection of
headlines that get exported.

Ultimately what I'd really like to be able to do is export "from" the
Agenda day/week view and just get a day (or week's) worth of events
and TODOs at a time.
--
Richard Lewis