[Orgmode] Tagging a region of text without creating a branch

From: bar tomas
Subject: [Orgmode] Tagging a region of text without creating a branch
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:06:46 +0100

Hi,
Is it possible to tag a region of text without creating a new branch?
I mean, for instance, if I have the following orgmode document structure:

* item1
this is about item 1
bla bla
more about item1

I'd like to give a tag to the bit 'bla bla', but the scope of the tag
should not include 'more about item 1'; however if I do this:

* item1
this is about item 1
** subitem1 :urgent:
bla bla
more about item1

'more about item1' is now in the scope of the tag :urgent:  which is
not what I want (I'd like it be directly under the first level item1)

I mean, more generally, is it possible to tag an 'island' of text
within the content of a certain branch?
Thanks very much