Re: [Orgmode] [Announcement] Org-babel initial release

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Announcement] Org-babel initial release
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:38:24 -0500

That's awesome news! Thank you for this great contribution. Now I can use my beloved ruby to write view-extensions to my org PIM :D (even though I'm very interested in learning elisp, but this makes things much more practical and powerful!).

Marcelo.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd imagine most of the time the source blocks within a single file
> would share the vast majority of environment settings too (for example
> setting the JVM's class path) so being able to specify these values to
> pass to the interpreter, once at the top of the file would be really
> nice.

I addressed the "passing command line" portion of your comment earlier
but neglected the "setting file-wide header arguments" portion.

RE: "setting file-wide header arguments"

it is now possible to set header arguments for subtrees of a file using
properties, for example the following will have :results silent set for
all of it's code blocks.

* silent
 :PROPERTIES:
 :results:  silent
 :END:

I agree file-wide settings would be useful, but they are not yet
implemented.

Best -- Eric