[Orgmode] Re: "clearing" the state of an org-mode subtree

From: Gregory J. Grubbs
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: "clearing" the state of an org-mode subtree
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:11:55 -0600

Robert Goldman <address@hidden> writes:

> This is one of those cases where automating a task will not pay back the
> investment (at least not to me, individually), so I think I'd better
> just do it by hand.

I think automating a task that annoys you is worth the trouble.  You
could at least start with something like the following, and flesh it out
to include drawer notes and check lists.

(defun gjg/org-reset-todo ()
  "reset any task from point onward with a TODO keyword to
initial TODO state. Show all trees you want to reset before
running this command: hidden trees will not be touched"
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (while (not (eobp))
      (outline-next-visible-heading 1)