[Orgmode] Evangelize the world with Org-mode

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Evangelize the world with Org-mode
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:29:32 +0200

... or, at least, my colleagues.

Hello,

I have the following problem. I write a lot of docs. They were before in
LaTeX, and now in Org. I even write our Web site. Before it was FrontPage or
Muse, now it is Org as well.

Using Org allows a clear separation between the "contents" and the "form",
even for LaTeX, with a minimalistic Wiki-type syntax. That's the message I
convey to try to get my colleagues using this.

Problems:
- They don't use Emacs, but Vim... or Word
- Some know a bit of LaTeX, but only a few
- They're not willing to change so easily...

How do I do, then?  We have to collaborate on docs. Currently, it is mainly
Word or OpenOffice docs with changes to be made written down in an email. Very
efficient!

I absolutely want to change this, but the path is not easy. I cannot tell my
boss: just install and use Emacs, Org-mode, LaTeX and SVN, and you're good.

What we would need, IMHO, is:

- something like TeXMaker: a simple editor that's more or less WYSIWYG, and
  generates a PDF on one click;

- or, even better (as it would be install-less): a Wiki based on Org syntax
  with document generation capability (button to generate a PDF).

That's my current feeling.

Does someone of you have a solution to bridge the editing gap and go in that
direction?

Is the Wiki option fool, or does something exist that's almost doing it?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban