[Orgmode] Re: org-protocol and safari

From: Mykola Nikishov
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-protocol and safari
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:52:06 +0300

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> As for FF, the instructions should work. See also:
>>
>>    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol#Linux_and_Mac
>
> These instructions are incorrect. I can confirm that setting a protocol
> does not work in Firefox on Mac OS - there is a bug that's been around
> for a long time that prevents associating protocols with an application
> and/or path. See this mailing list post:

For Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20091010
Iceweasel/3.5.3 (Debian-3.5.3-2) these steps does the trick for me:

- Add these two preferences to prefs.js:
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.org-protocol", "/usr/bin/emacsclient -t
%L");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.external.org-protocol", true);

- Start emacs as daemon.
- Start FF from the command line. It wouldn't work if started using a
  shortcut (i.e. with Gnome main menu entry). IIRC I tried to get a
  result without any success until I started FF from the X terminal by
  accident.
- Org-mode must be activated. I suspect that my configuration broken in
  a some way that prevents org-mode + org-remeber functionality to be
  available just right after emacs was started. But I usually activate
  agenda view very early so this is not a problem for me.

--
MAN-UANIC