Re: [Orgmode] Re: Patch for resolving "away time" when clocked in

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Patch for resolving "away time" when clocked in
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:41:27 -0400

On Oct 16, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

I am unable to reproduce the
cancel-timer failure here.  Please load org-clock.el into Emacs and
type M-x eval-buffer and then trigger it again, that I may see the
complete stack trace.

No error anymore as mentioned above.

I'm not sure I'm triggering the new functionality correctly. In the scratch
buffer, I eval'd:

(setq org-clock-idle-time 1)

Ah, I think I see where the cancel-timer bug came from. You had set org-clock-idle-timer to 1, rather than org-clock-idle-time (only the latter is a user-customizable variable).

Next, I created an Org buffer with one TODO file, and clocked in, and took my
hands off the computer. I waited three minutes, then clocked out.

* Worklog
** TODO Task 1
  :LOGBOOK:
  CLOCK: [2009-10-16 Fri 09:42]--[2009-10-16 Fri 09:46] =>  0:04
  :END:

Was I supposed to be prompted to resolve some minutes when clocking out after
the org-clock-idle-time had elapsed?

At the moment, the auto-resolver only checks files which are referred to by org-agenda-files. It does not scan the entire buffer list looking for any org-mode buffer. Do you think it should do the latter instead?

John