[Orgmode] agenda files list

From: Eraldo Helal
Subject: [Orgmode] agenda files list
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 05:15:19 +0200

I would like to have a list of all agenda files
where each item links to its file.
This would be great for doing my weekly review since in my system all
agenda files need to be viewed weekly.
It could also be added to the agenda menu (C-c a) as an option.

Workaround:
Because I don't know how to get a nice looking list of all my agenda files...
shabble came up with some code which I modified and the result is below:

;; list all agenda-files (linking to them) in a new buffer
(defun list-agenda-files()
  "Create a list of all org-agenda files as org-mode links"
  (interactive)
  (let ((list-buf (get-buffer-create "*org-agenda-files*")))
    (with-current-buffer list-buf
      (erase-buffer)
      (insert "Agenda Files:\n")
      (dolist (file org-agenda-files)
        (let
            ((desc (first (split-string (file-name-nondirectory file)
"\\.org$"))))
            (insert (concat "- [[" file "][" desc "]]\n"))
        )
      )
      (org-mode)
    )
    (switch-to-buffer list-buf))

If anyone else has use for this please give some feedback.
If someone could help us make this code more mature... please do the same.

Greetings,
Eraldo