[Orgmode] Re: report/summary of what was done for retrospection purposes

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: report/summary of what was done for retrospection purposes?
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:34:56 -0400

Jevgeni Holodkov <address@hidden> writes:

>    Is there functionality available in org-mode to create the
> report/summary of what was done on the previous day/week/month/year
> (let's say, generate it from the agenda view)? For instance, if I have
> tasks:
>
> * TODO Task1
> * DONE Task2
>     - State "DONE"       from "STARTED"    [2009-07-21 T 10:59]
> * WAITING Task3
>     - State "WAITING"    from "DONE"    [2009-07-14 K 16:07]
>     - State "DONE"    from "STARTED"    [2009-07-14 K 16:06]
>
> Then I would like to generate the report on what was done on June with
> 1 row  only (which will be "Task2").

Not exactly.  If you use CLOSED timestamps then you can view the agenda
for the period you want and use l (ell) to show logged items.  You can
specify what to include in the view with org-agenda-log-mode-items.

To show a week's worth of logged items starting on 10-14 you can do
C-c a a - go to the agenda
w       - display week view
j 10-14 - go to Oct 14th
l       - show logged items as per org-agenda-log-mode-items

This allows you to create a custom agenda view which only shows CLOSED
tags for instance which I think gives you what you want -- or you can
look at state changes which will show the 3 entries above.

You can export the resulting agenda view to some other format.

HTH,
Bernt