[Orgmode] Re: [off-topic/GTD]Only Next Actions list to rule them all ?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [off-topic/GTD]Only Next Actions list to rule them all ?
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:48:44 -0400

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> I have one question, though. There are actions that you know you have
> to do, but that don't justify the creation of an outcome, or, in other
> words, creating a project for this NA would be overkill, such as "Buy
> chocolate :HOME:". What would be the outcome related to that? "Satisfy
> my desire of sugar". Of course, this could be part of a "Monthly
> shopping", in this case it is obvious, but sometimes I just have the
> feeling to buy chocolate, that doesn't justify the creation of an
> outcome.  What do you guys do in this case? Keep another list for
> these kind of tasks?

I'd just make a task

,----[ todo.org ]
| * Miscellaneous
| ** Go Shopping and buy stuff                                      :INTOWN:
|   - [ ] Chocolate
`----

and accumulate items in the list until there is enough to warrant a trip
to the store.

I normally have separate tasks (Buy This, and Buy That) which I convert
to a list later as above.  It's faster to record the buy something task
in remember than to find the Go Shopping task when I remember something
I need to add to the list.  Later when I have time I can consolidate the
separate tasks into the shopping list, print it out and check off the
boxes with a pen when I'm actually in town.

If I'm going to town for something I look at my agenda list for :INTOWN:
tags and deal with whatever I can in a single trip.

-Bernt