Re: [Orgmode] Can I just publish content of specific tags?

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Can I just publish content of specific tags?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:54:28 -0400

Water Lin <address@hidden> writes:

> I use org mode as my homepage and I use tags to distinguish my content
> such as finished, on-hold and suspended.
>
> But when I publish my org files into web pages, I don't want to publish
> the content which isn't finished. That's mean I just want to publish
> content of specific tags. How can I do it?

Hi Water,

This should help:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Selective-export.html#Selective-export

As explained there, it's controlled by two variables,
org-export-exclude-tags and org-export-select-tags. If you're going to
change the default values of those variables, note that they are lists
of strings (as opposed to being just strings). So I believe in your
example you could use

(setq org-export-select-tags '("finished"))

Dan