Re: [Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 01:10:32 -0500

Hi John,

I have a doubt regarding a specific habit definition I'd like to create - A GTD Weekly review. I want this habit to "happen" every friday, weekly. But if this friday passes, then, I want org-habit to consider it overdue. I've tried the following def:

** TODO GTD Weekly Review
   SCHEDULED: <2009-10-23 Fri .+1w>
   :PROPERTIES:
   :STYLE: habit
   :END:

The graph says (considering today is friday which indeed, is):

... | b | b | b | !g | g | g | g | g | g | g | y | r |

(b = blue, g = green, y = yellow, r = red, ! = current day)

So, org-habit assumes I could do the task any day of the week, starting every friday? Or am I interpreting something wrongly?

My expected graph would be, considering today is a friday:

How could I define it so I can have a habit that happens weekly but that has a hard deadline of that very same weekday it has been specified to?

Thanks,

Marcelo.