Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 6.31trans; Problem with new 'away tim

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 6.31trans; Problem with new 'away time' feature
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:04:30 +0200

On Oct 23, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Kai Tetzlaff wrote:

John Wiegley wrote:
On Oct 22, 2009, at 6:32 PM, Kai Tetzlaff wrote:

'Cannot restart clock because task does not contain unfinished clock'

When i look at the corresponding clock line the previously running clock
has now indeed been stopped (with a time stamp corresponding to the
current time).

This is an interesting bug. It sounds like the point is not being moved
to the correct location to perform the clock-in.  I'll take a look.

I did some additional investigation and found that if i'm clocking into
an item with an unresolved inactive clock from the agenda (created by
deleting the end time in its most recent CLOCK: line) a similar thing
happens. I'm actually getting clocked out of the current clock and a new
CLOCK line gets added which is then the running clock.

I think this is what sould happen, no?

The other problem you reported, where I said this is a conflict with James' code, should be fixed now. Please verify.

- Carsten

Don't know if this helps but stepping through the code in the debugger i
get to the following code in org-clock-resolve-clock:

((eq resolve-to 'now)
(if restart-p
    (error "RESTART-P is not valid here"))
(if (or close-p org-clock-clocking-in)       <-- org-close: nil,
org-clock-clocking-in: t
    (org-clock-clock-out clock fail-quietly) <-- clock-out done here
  (unless (org-is-active-clock clock)
    (org-clock-clock-in clock t))))