Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to Strip TODO headword and refile as a note

From: Chris Leyon
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to Strip TODO headword and refile as a note
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:38:17 -0400

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 08:49, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> it out of my agenda and todo file, I also want to file a note about the
>> issues, and what I learned about them.
>
> I'm quite not sure I understand what you're asking, but wouldn't it be
> simplest to mark the item as DONE? Inactive todos do not appear in the
> agenda.
>
> Then you could either add a note to the item with C-c C-z or simply jump
> to the location of the complete item and add a new sibling with notes
> and/or a new TODO.
>
> But perhaps you're trying to accomplish something different...
>
> Best,
> Matt

One way to do this is to have DONE items automatically prompt for a
note.  You enter your text into a buffer and press C-c C-c to finish
the process.  It is very much like `remember'.  If you don't want a
note at all, press C-c C-k instead.  Do this by setting your
`org-todo-keywords' so that the DONE state is defined as "DONE(d@)".
See section 5.3.2 of the manual "Tracking TODO state changes".