Re: [Orgmode] FAQ incorrect

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FAQ incorrect
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:56:49 -0400

W.Bentley MacLeod <address@hidden> wrote:

> FAQ on how to include all org files in a directory is incorrect (view 85).
> Correct code is:
> (setq org-agenda-files (file-expand-wildcards "~/org-files/*.org"))

If you are talking about this entry:

    How can include all org files in a directory in my agenda?

    You can simply set the value of org-agenda-files to a directory rather than
a list of files:

    (setq org-agenda-files "~/my/special/path/org/")

it is correct as it stands: unless you are using a really ancient
version, org figures out that it's a directory and sets org-agenda-files
to the contents of the directory (filtered by org-agenda-file-regexp,
which by default matches filenames ending in ".org").

HTH,
Nick