[Orgmode] Re: Separate function for config listing from org-submit-bug-r

From: Jeff Kowalczyk
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Separate function for config listing from org-submit-bug-report
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:50:01 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I don't know why you are being prompted for you IMAP password,
> but regardless of this the email should not be send automatically.
> So I think you can go through the process and then copy the text and
> just not send the message!

The email client is is wanderlust, and it must be trying to initialize a draft
message on Google Mail when creating a send message buffer. You are correct, it
did give the opportunity to cancel the message before sending. Thanks,

> I cannot easily isolate this, because my code only produces the list
> of interesting variables.  Some code in reporter.el does the quoting
> and insertion.

Do you have any ideas how to get the following function to work? It is intended
to insert the configuration at point:

(defun org-dump-configuration ()
  "Call reporter-dump-state (pkgname varlist pre-hooks post-hooks)"
  (interactive)
  (require 'reporter)
  (reporter-dump-state
   (org-version)
   (let (mylist)
     (mapatoms
      (lambda (v)
        (and (boundp v)
          (string-match "\\`\\(org-\\|outline-\\)" (symbol-name v))
          (or (and (symbol-value v)
                   (string-match "\\(-hook\\|-function\\)\\'"
                    (symbol-name v)))
              (and
               (get v 'custom-type) (get v 'standard-value)
               (not (equal (symbol-value v) (eval (car
                                    (get v 'standard-value)))))))
          (push v mylist))))
     mylist)
   (insert "")
   (insert "")
   )
  )

The error message seems to indicate that parameter 'varlist' is not populated
correctly.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.0)
 of 2009-09-28 on thinkpad
Package: Org-mode version 6.32trans (release_6.32b.8.g089b)

current state:
State could not be dumped due to the following error:

(wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)

You should still send this bug report.