[Orgmode] [babel] Meta-LaTeX-Python-Environment

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] [babel] Meta-LaTeX-Python-Environment
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:52:25 -0400

Hi Torsten,

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

<...>
> I used the following simple example:

<...>
> #+srcname: test()
> #+begin_src python  :results latex

<...>

> As you can see, the result is wrapped now in LaTeX source code blocks.
> However, if I export the file by
> M-x org-export l
> the resulting LaTeX file still contains the source code itself (the part in
> the
> verbatim environment.

Yes, you need ':exports results' as well as ':results latex'. The
':results latex' is necessary to specify that the *result* of the block
is latex code. The ':exports results' is necessary in order to tell it
only to include the result in the export product.

<...>
> Wished export-result (trimmed to relevant part):
> \usepackage{color}
> \definecolor{gray}{gray}{0.95}
> \section{Simple Test of org-babel}
> \label{sec-1}
> \colorbox{gray}{
> This is a Test: if a =1 and b = 2 then a + b = 3 right ?!
> }
>

> As you can see, I like to indicate the source block results resp. the LaTeX
> source code blocks in a way which indicate clearly that they belong to the
> "official" output. E.g. by adding a slight gray background.

OK, so I think what you want is that the results are

(a) latex code, and
(b) in a box, set apart as different from the main text

Well, org-babel doesn't do anything like that with latex results by
default, so you'd have to do it yourself. How about defining a source
block function which does the job of putting your latex results in a
box, and calling it with #+lob ? The following exports to latex with the
results in a red box. (Please pull the latest org-mode as this required
a change that I've just made.)

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{color}

* Simple Test of org-babel
#+srcname: test()
#+begin_src python :exports none
  a = 1
  b = 2
  c = a+b
  "This is a Test: if a =" + str(a) + " and b = " + str(b) + " then a + b = " +
str(c) + " right ?!"
#+end_src

#+lob: putinbox(body=test()) :results latex :exports results

* Library code
  This could go in a separate file, as long as the file is added to the
  Library of Babel.
#+srcname: putinbox(body)
#+begin_src latex :exports none
\colorbox{red}{
body
}
#+end_src

> As mentioned before, I like to have mainly three ways of export
> 1. Export everything

:exports both

> 2. Export everything except the source codes itself

:exports results

> 3. Export a particular LaTeX source code session (e.g. by using the tangle
> function)

tangle

Hth,

Dan