Re: [Orgmode] [OT] lisp func to write timestamp to buffer

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] lisp func to write timestamp to buffer
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:53:05 -0500

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:44:39PM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:
> Assuming you are in an org buffer
>
> C-u C-c ! <RET>
>
> will insert an inactive time stamp (including the current time - that's the
> prefix argument):
>
>      [2009-10-29 Thu 22:34]
>
> Similarly
>
> C-u C-c . <RET>
>
> will insert an active time stamp:
>
>      <2009-10-29 Thu 22:35>
>

> The functions bound to C-c ! and C-c . are org-time-stamp-inactive and
> org-time-stamp
> respectively. BTW, both are in the drop-down Org menu: Org/Dates and
> Scheduling/...
>
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> Nick

The function I posted does the same as C-u C-c ! <RET>, just with a
single key press.

I often add a timestamp every time I return to my outline on projects,
it maintains a consistent timeline that I can view in the agenda with
log mode and showing inactive timestamps.

Thanks.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden