Re: [Orgmode] Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachments

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachments
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:13:40 +0100

OK, here is what I have now settled for, effective immediately:

The following keys now do archiving

C-c C-x C-a    archive using the command specified in
               `org-archive-default-command'

This variable is by default set to `org-archive-subtree', which means
arching to the archive file.

The three specific archiving commands are available through

C-c C-x C-s    archive to archive file
C-c C-x a      toggle the archive tag
C-c C-x A      move to archive sibling

These bindings work the same in an Org file, and in the agenda.

In addition:

- In the agenda you can also use `a' to call the default archiving
  command, but you need to confirm the command with `y' so that this
  cannot easily happen by accident.

- For backward compatibility, `C-c $' in an org-mode file, and `$' in
  the agenda buffer continue to archive to archive file.

Can we agree on this?

- Carsten