Re: [Orgmode] Best way to implement Keywords feature

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Best way to implement Keywords feature
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 23:25:20 +0000

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

One such solution is to use header-line-format to display olpath.

I don't understand this.

In scientific/academic publications, one often sees a list of Keywords in the topmatter.  That being said, I am not certain how people use them.   There are often a dozen or more.

I have had to throttle back my use of tags, to avoid long header lines.  Also, tags are limited to head lines, only.

I would like to implement a secondary list of keywords, that might be searched in an agenda search.  I don't know whether properties would be appropriate, although I understand properties can slow the system down.  Don't know.   Probably something similar to properties.

So, for example, if I am taking notes and indexing video clips or PDFs, a larger number of keywords would enable me to retrieve them in a less structured, free form manner.  A custom agenda search would be perfect.

Probably barking up a tree.  Probably just better use of tags would solve this problem.   Keywords, though, could be implemented outside of headlines.  Maybe I should just use more headlines.

Thanks.

Alan