[Orgmode] Is there a prominent place to announce user-interface changes

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: [Orgmode] Is there a prominent place to announce user-interface changes ?
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 01:25:19 +0900

Hi everyone,

I'm not long on this list so don't kick me if I'm riding a dead horse. I noticed the extreme speed of the development of org-mode (which is with no doubts great). Sometimes, long time existing key-bindings have to be rearranged (at least I noticed twice on the list) to make more space for the steadily growing org-mode functionality. Always this create a lot of discussion since many people familiar with the old bindings already even if the seems to be sub-optimal now.

I just wonder, would it make sense to add a chapter 0 to the org-mode manual and/or a dedicated page at a prominent place on worg which depicts only those key-binding changes from release version to release version.
I just think about the changes which affect peoples daily work directly maybe without warnings. That means from a standard changelog, exclude new features, nothing about internal changes, no bugfix reports etc.. By this way this list should be rather small but very important for (long-time) org-mode users.
It is not enjoyable to find out in the middle of a "I just like to finish it and come to the meeting in a second .... " time-frame that things change during the last update. Emacs and org-mode make use of  8 fingers and 2 thumbs without much visual feedback. Therefore, most user use key-bindings in a heart-beating, breathing way without thinking about it. Might be a good idea if there is a central place to tell them to fight mentally for a while against there subconscious or reconfigure it as they like.

Just an idea.

Regards

Torsten

BTW. I noticed that "[Orgmode]" is not added automatically to the subject. Is this a feature or a bug :) ? I know from other mail-lists that this is done automatically.