[Orgmode] Re: repetitive activity over a period of time, starting at the

From: Crni Gorac
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: repetitive activity over a period of time, starting at the same time each day
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:51:29 +0100

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Crni Gorac <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> How to specify a time interval for a TODO that will say span over two
>> weeks, working days only, and that will start each day at 10am.  I
>> tried with timestamps available in org-mode, as well as with Emacs
>> diary timestamps, but to no avail.  Any suggestion?
>>

> You could use a diary sexp:

> * 10:00am Every weekday for two weeks
> <%%(and (memq (calendar-day-of-week date) '(1 2 3 4 5)) (diary-block 11 9
> 2009 11 20 2009))>
>
> - Matt

Thanks Matt, this is almost there; however, if this is a TODO item,
and if I mark it done, than it's marked done once and for all, and not
only for given day, like org-mode timestamps with repeater interval.
Any further suggestions here?  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems very
strange to me that a need for alike timestamps was not recognized in
org-mode - for example, how would one build a TODO item for something
like a class spanning say over two months and with class hours say Mon
and Wed between 10am and 11am?

Also, is this placing time at the start of item, and having it
recognized when agenda view built some kind of special syntax?  I
wasn't able to find it mentioned in org-mode documentation...

Thanks.