Re: [Orgmode] Re: Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachment

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Proposed key binding changes: archiving and attachments
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 07:33:30 +0100

On Nov 7, 2009, at 2:11 AM, Daniel Martins wrote:

Why not a single A e.g.

A    org-archive-to-archive-sibling

instead of
C-c C-x A    org-archive-to-archive-sibling

I use org-archive-to-archive-sibling
alot to diminish my organizer.org and a silge and simple key A (or
Shift-a) it would be good.

If this is your default archiving method, the idea would be that
you set

   (setq org-archive-default-command 'org-archive-to-archive-sibling)

and then use `a y' to do the archiving.

I actually think that few people use archiving to sibling. Am I wrong about this? The reason why I don't have single letter commands for archiving in the agenda without confirmation is that archiving i potentially destructive.

- Carsten

Daniel