[Orgmode] Re: Monthly events based on count of specific weekdays

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Monthly events based on count of specific weekdays
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 21:34:22 +1100

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Dom 8/11/09, Ben Finney <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> > How about this:
> >
> >     <2009-10-13 Tue 14:00 +1m Tue>
>
> Does the "++1m" help? :
>
> ** TODO LUG meeting
>    DEADLINE: <2009-10-13 Tue 14:00 ++1m Tue>

No, it doesn't help. When I specify what you show here, I get the item
in my agenda on:

    <2009-10-13 Tue 14:00>
    <2009-11-13 Thu 14:00>
    <2009-12-13 Sun 14:00>
    <2010-01-13 Wed 14:00>

and so on.

>    Marking this DONE will shift the date by at least one month,
>    but also by as many months as it takes to get this date into
>    the future.  However, it stays on a Tuesday, even
>    if you called and marked it done on Saturday.

This doesn't seem to affect when the future events appear in the agenda,
so doesn't meet what I'm describing.

--
 \        “I spent a lot of money on wine and women, and like a fool I |
  `\                                 squandered the rest.” —Benny Hill |