Re: [Orgmode] BUG: org-annotation-helper.el uses caddr without requiring

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] BUG: org-annotation-helper.el uses caddr without requiring cl
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 22:10:13 +0100

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> Adam Spiers <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> org-annotation-helper.el uses caddr but does not require the cl
>> package; this results in
>>
>>   *ERROR*: Symbol's function definition is void: caddr
>>
>> when bzg/org-annotate-helper is invoked.
>>

> Isn't org-annotation-helper.el obsolete? I thought org-protocol.el has
> supplanted it completely, in which case it might be better to just
> delete it from the tree, instead of fixing it (or perhaps move it
> to a deprecated area) - that would also help in not confusing new
> users.

Yes, if everyone is OK with that removal. The functionality of
org-annotation-helper is re-implemented in
org-protocol. org-annotation-helper.el was one of the parents
actually. Some code is still in there. That's why it's authors are
mentioned their, too.

Anyway, org-annotation-helper.el might still be in use somewhere.

  Sebastian