Re: [Orgmode] [babel] dot in pdf directly

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] dot in pdf directly
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:24:08 +0100

andrea Crotti <address@hidden> writes:
> Still a couple of questions, I found something here
> in the newsgroup but nothing helped me...
>
> First, how many and where can I find all the possible
>
> #+begin_...?
>
> I mean why is
> #+begin_dot and not
>
> #+begin_src dot?
>
> I would like to insert my dot info and on exporting getting a pdf with
> embedded the generated eps, it would be great!
>
> I don't have very clear the grammar I can use in the #+begin_.. line,
> is there a clear explanation somewhere?

The difference is,

   #+begin_src mode-name

just tells the exporter that the following block is a `mode-name' block,
where mode-name == the name of the emacs mode you'd use to edit a file
in that language.

This handy if you want to edit the block's contents (C-c '). Eventually,
the source code inside the block will be highlighted on export to
XHTML. The mode is important then, too. Contents of blocks like this are
exported verbatim.

In contrast, blocks like

   #+begin_ditaa

will never export verbatim. Instead, the contents are treated specially
or even send to an external program, that will create an image (e.g. -
in most cases), that will in turn replace the block in the exported
result.

  Sebastian