[Orgmode] Re: Sparse-tree at cursor point

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Sparse-tree at cursor point
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:14:34 -0500

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> The sparse-tree feature is very useful when you want to follow tasks
> of a specific project, and want to filter the whole org file to show
> only the relevant project tree. However, I did not find a way to apply
> this function to a specific tree at the cursor point. Sometimes, I
> want to act by project, and I know exactly where it is in the file,
> and I want to apply the sparse tree at this item, instead of searching
> by regexp, todo, etc. Is it possible?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is you're looking for.  If you
want to limit the sparse tree function to a subtree you can narrow to
subtree first (C-x n s), run the spare tree function, and then widen
again (C-x n w).

You can hide the rest of your document with M-x hide-other.

Does any of that help?

-Bernt