Re: [Orgmode] How to add entries to an org file, not diary

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to add entries to an org file, not diary
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 22:57:20 -0300

This is really nice.
Thanks Carsten!

I currently use a subtree in my main org file to put dates for
appointments, birthdays, etc.. Having a native way to do that will
save time and I my approach could became to cluttered in the future.

I only miss an easy way to change the date of an appointment, for
example. The usual refiling is not very efficient here, since the
diary file will have a lot of headings and one may need to refile it
to a heading that doesn't exist yet. Maybe org-refile could test if
this is the diary file and if it is, offer an interface similar to the
usual time stamp insertion.

But this is something minor.
Again, thanks for this and org-mode.