Re: [Orgmode] Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:07:53 +0000

2009/11/11 Ben Finney <address@hidden>:
> Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
>> robust than blorg […]
>
> Writing an online journal from Org mode is on my list of things to do,
> but I haven't got around to investigating ‘blorg’. What about it is
> insufficiently robust?

The primary problems I have experienced are that it is has some rather
serious problems unresolved problems with html export, specifically
link generation.  Everything seems ok with org-mode links rendered
correctly as HTML, but then non-deterministically an export from what
as far as I can tell is the same state as before results in broken
links with them rendered in the html org-mode style, i.e.
[[foo][http://foobar.com/]].

It is also currently without a maintainer as Bastien believes it needs
a complete rewrite to use org-publish... IIRC.

I did spend a short while trying to debug the link generation issue,
but never got to the bottom of it, as I'm largely unfamiliar with
elisp.

R.