Re: [Orgmode] Re: [feature-suggestion] Lock region

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [feature-suggestion] Lock region
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:24:35 -0600

Thanks, this might work, even though not really what I was looking for.

As a feature suggestion for the org developers: If we could lock "live" regions of the file, it would be great. If we could include files or part (items) of other files dynamically, it would be great too :)

Cheers and keep the great work!

Marcelo.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Renzo Been :-) <address@hidden> wrote:
Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Renzo, thanks for the reply.Isn't the include feature meant only for
exporting? I mean, will the file get included in the org buffer or is it going
to be included only when exporting the org file?Thanks,Marcelo.

Yes, that is correct.

The file from the include feature will only be visible after exporting.

Sorry, maybe I've misunderstood your first mail...

Maybe you could use something like this?

#+include foo.org
#[[file:foo.org][Introduction]]

Then there would still be a way to view the text, via the link...

Ciao,
Renzo